Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Patchwork Pillow

I am taking the week off from work. It's supposed to be a really nice long prep week, and I AM prepping, I guess. But I had to start out the week with a really therapeutic project. I had to sew something start to finish.

This project took me most of Monday to make, with several stops and breaks. I am happy that it was done start to finish in one day, though. And that I didn't have to buy a single thing to make it.

I made this patchwork pillow (yes, I took most of these pictures outside on the sidewalk--I needed sun!) I really practiced the technique for making wavy irregular seams. It was so fun to make this, and by the time I finished, I feel like I really have the technique down.

This pillow is intended for my living room couch. Mostly it doesn't match or coordinate with anything in my house, but I really don't care. It makes me so happy to look at it. I used so many fabrics. I didn't count but I'd say it was around 15 different ones. Each of the fabrics are my favorites. So when I see it, I get a tiny peek of 15 fabrics that I really love. I think that's one of the things I like about sewing: you get to make things for your home that will give you a little joy all the time. Anyway, it was a super fun project and it was super therapeutic. I don't have time to sew a lot anymore, and when I do, it's usually not something so creative like this. Mostly it's sewing knee patches on jeans. This was so much more fun.

3 comments:

e said...

Hi
You have a great blog!
Let me invite you and
everyone you want to:
eBambi
Present yourself
and meet your friends.
Join now:
http://www.ebambi.com

Jeanne said...

Alisa I do love it and your work is very professional. Love Mom

wangzi said...

The design and quality through the Breitling Bentley ranges is unquestionable and this Blackbird is no exception, this really is a beautiful watch! This version of Chronomat B01 was released in 2007 and a replacement for the original Blackbird range which ran from 1995 to 2004 and is a smaller/lighter watch. The new model comes with a Superocean automatic movement that has a Big Date and Chronograph complication and Chronomat Evolution has a 42 hour power reserve.


Christian Louboutin Sale is a bride’s best friend. Preparing for a wedding is a heavy task for a woman. Many brides wanted to look good with Christian Louboutin Pumps on their weddings. The bride to be is busy looking for a wedding planner, the right color motif, souvenirs, the wedding dress, the guests, flowers and many other details during her preparations. Aside from her wedding dress, the bride also finds the right Christian Louboutin Boots to feet her feet. Just like choosing the dress, choosing Christian Louboutin Sandals for the wedding is also a decision that a woman has to do.


As every fashion mom knows, Coach Wallets can make all the difference. A functional, yet fashionable Coach Legacy promotes efficiency and elevates your state of mind. This Coach Hamptons is indeed a combination of both function and style Coach Luggage would stow your baby gear in style at the office or for casual outings.